This year finding inner peace and seeking spiritual guidance has moved to the very top of my priority list. I’m a Christian and have always been a spiritual individual but my 26th year marks my desire to fulfill and maintain a healthy spiritual balance.
I’ve started meditating and at times literally crave silence. I CAN NOT be the only one that gets fed up with the radio …. It’s the same 20 song playlist on repeatl! Now … I love ratchet music as much as the next person but sometimes I feel like it’s just noise. I find myself abruptly turning the radio off just to ride in silence because I enjoy sorting out my thoughts and simply being during this time.
Fast forward to this past Sunday, I went to a yoga class and during our cool down we mediated for the last 15 minutes, the instructor read the following POWERFUL excerpt from a book:
‘All Problems contain the seeds of opportunity, and this awareness allows you to take the moment and transform it to a better situation or thing. Once you do this every so called upsetting situation will become an opportunity for the creation of something new and beautiful, and every so called tormentor or tyrant will become your teacher. Reality is an interpretation. And if you choose to interpret reality in this way, you will have many teachers around you, and many opportunities to evolve. Whenever confronted by a tyrant, tormentor, teacher, friend, or foe (they all mean the same thing) remind yourself, ‘This moment is as it should be’
Guys …… I just HAD to know what book she was reading from. I mean I went to church on Sunday and got a word from the Lord BUT THIS ….. YESS this excerpt spoke to my SOUL!!
I generally have a good attitude and am a cheery upbeat person. However, I often get so caught up in situations/people/ obstacles and allow the smallest thing to ruin my day when it’s a distraction that I should see as an opportunity. Afterall, I control how I feel right? Whether a conscious or a subconscious decision, I am the only one that can allow something to affect me. If we saw every problem as an opportunity, imagine how much better our lives would be!
Anywho, I had to cop this book, ‘7 Spiritual Laws of Success’ by Deepak Chopra. The seven principals goes as a follows:
1. The Law of Pure Potentiality: Take time to be silent, to just BE. Meditate for 30 minutes twice a day. Silently witness the intelligence within every living thing. Practice non-judgment.
2. The Law of Giving: Today, bring whoever you encounter a gift: a compliment or flower. Gratefully receive gifts. Keep wealth circulating by giving and receiving care, affection, appreciation and love.
3. The Law of Karma: Every action generates a force of energy that returns to us in like kind. Choosing actions that bring happiness and success to others ensures the flow of happiness and success to you.
4. The Law of Least Effort: Accept people, situations, and events as they occur. Take responsibility for your situation and for all events seen as problems. Relinquish the need to defend your point of view.
5. The Law of Intention and Desire: Inherent in every intention and desire is the mechanics for its fulfillment. Make a list of desires. Trust that when things don’t seem to go your way, there is a reason.
6. The Law of Detachment: Allow yourself and others the freedom to be who they are. Do not force solutions—allow solutions to spontaneously emerge. Uncertainty is essential, and your path to freedom.
7. The Law of Dharma: Seek your higher Self. Discover your unique talents. Ask yourself how you are best suited to serve humanity. Using your unique talents and serving others brings unlimited bliss and abundance.
Believe me this book is dropping some true gems! It’s worth a read or two or three lol and if you’re not a reader cop the audiobook and give it a listen. It’s only 84 minutes …… come on that’s the length of a Love and Hip Hop Reunion!
I hope to apply and practice these principals throughout my daily life and not be so consumed with how to be successful BUT trust my initiation and know that with God guiding my steps we’ll get there. Success is not a destination so I’m learning to enjoy the journey! Let’s drown out the noise and become more in tune with ourselves.
Have you read this book? What are your thoughts?